I have set out below the Six Minute Strategist Guide to Exits. If there is a link attached I have written a more expansive post on it. If not, then I will in future.
I also wrote a post discussing the importance of your customer base when preparing an exit strategy.
The Exit Process can be summarised as follows:
- Understanding and managing the process
- Preparing the documentation; information memorandum, teaser, non-disclosure agreement, heads of terms
- Identifying selling rationale and potential buyers
- Approaching and negotiating with buyers
- Setting out timetable
- Negotiating terms
- Heads of Agreement
- Managing Due Diligence and further negiotiations
Please be patient with me as I build up these sections. If there is a specific topic you would like to cover please email me at jbdcolley[at]aol[dot]com.
Please subscribe to the Six Minute Strategist Community – Thank you