I have set out below the Six Minute Strategist Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions. If there is a link attached I have written a more expansive post on it. If not, then I will in future.
The M&A Process can be summarised as:
- Identifying and clarifying the company’s strategy
- Identifying target companies -I have provided an example of how the market can be segmented and then searched as part of the target screening process. Another post shows how I use technology partnerships as a means of carrying out complex market segmentation
- Strategic business evaluation
- Business valuations. I have written a post discussing the characteristics of “bubbles” and whether we are currently in a technology bubble.
- Negotiating Letters of Intent/Heads of Agreement
- Managing Due Diligence
- Post deal implementation. – a key part of this is the 100 Day Plan and I have published a brief introduction to the 100 Day Plan here
I posted an M&A related post about US Companies making acquisitions in Europe.
Please be patient with me as I build up these sections. If there is a specific topic you would like to cover please email me at jbdcolley[at]aol[dot]com.
Please subscribe to the Six Minute Strategist Community. Thank you