How to Automate Tweets with Images – using Hootsuite
Daniel asked in my Online Learning Club Facebook Group if anyone knew how to automate Tweets which contained images. It is not a simple process so I thought the best thing was to create a little video to show you how I automate tweets with images.
Here is the video I have made which explains how to do it.
To explain the steps is straight forward:
- Create an image – I use canva.com (free as long as you don’t use their paid images)
- Download the image to your computer
- Open Hootsuite – Upload the image to Hootsuite
- Take the resulting short ow.ly code and put it at the end of your main tweet but before any link
- Create the CSV file for scheduling one or more tweets
- Column 1: Date and time. The accepted DATE format is: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm or dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm Be sure to identify which format you are using above.
- Column 2: Your message. For Twitter there is a limit of 140 characters, including the URL (which reserves at most 23 characters)
- Column 3: URL (optional): The full URL
- Schedule the message(s)
You can reuse the link to the image multiple times but if you want different images you will need to upload each of them to Hootsuite to get your separate link.
If you have any questions, just come over to the Facebook Group, join if you have not already done so, and ask away!
Scheduling is a paid function of Hootsuite so you will need to subscribe. If you would like to sign up for a 30 day trial of Hootsuite Pro just click this link. (Affiliate Link – thank you for your support)
Online Learning Club Facebook Group
Come and join the great community at my Online Learning Club Facebook Group! Its free to join and we welcome all online learners whether you are passionate about podcasts, veracious for video courses or eager for ebooks!
This course, as well as being about selling Udemy courses as an affiliate, shows you the system I use to automate my Twitter marketing so that it only takes me a few minutes a day to schedule a wide range of informative, as well as, commercial posts. The course is normal $197 but enrol today for just $29 using coupon code 6MSBlog29 or click on this link to go directly to the course