In today’s Episode of the Online Learning Podcast, I am delighted to welcome Kristen Palana, a Professor of Multimedia from the American University in Rome and a successful Udemy instructor. Kristen shares her mastery of colour psychology and explains how you can use colour to effectively stand out in Udemy and make your courses more engaging for your students.
In this Week’s Episode: Kristen Palana
In this Episode Kristen and I discuss:
- How her Colour Psychology course to help be more impactful
- How colour psychology can help the way people perceive you
- Web design course helps you with your website design
- How you can get to grips with WordPress
- Her crowd funding experience based on 10 years of experience
- How imaging and colour psychology can impact your business
- What colour psychology can mean across borders
- How gender can affect colour choices
- How to use colour to affect the way people think about you
- How to use colour to make your courses more effective
- How to use colour in your lectures to have a positive impact
- Where you should use colour in your Udemy lectures
- Why you should avoid rainbow colours in your text
- Why red and orange can invigorate your Udemy students
- The importance of hierarchy in your online text
- Why you need to avoid lack of contrast on your webpage
- Why its easier to read black text on a white background
- How Kristen makes her course images stand out
- Why Kristen changes her images to contrast with other courses
- How to make your images stand out to get promoted by Udemy
Find out More About Kristen’s Courses
Check out Kristen on Udemy at https://www.udemy.com/u/kristenpalana/
Get any of Kristen’s courses for just $10 with Coupon Code OLP10 – or just click on the links below.
Find out More about Kristen
You can find out all about Kristen on her website at http://kpalana.com
New Media Europe – Manchester, England – 12-13 September 2015
Ready To Be Heard!
This unique conference is aimed at podcasters, bloggers, social media visionaries, content creators, entrepreneurs, marketing professionals and new media enthusiasts who are looking to up their game through the effective use of new media tools ‒ such as podcasting, blogging and social media ‒ in their endeavours.
During this two-day event, you will have the choice to attend over 24 sessions prepared by some of the best speakers in the world. From general ‘know-how’ sessions and technical workshops to inspiring keynote speeches ‒ you are going to be equipped with the new media knowledge, ideas and inspiration that will make you stand out from others in your niche!
Networking events throughout the whole weekend will enable you to connect with other like-minded individuals.
Top 3 Reasons to Attend:
1. Education. Only the best speakers have been selected to help you stay abreast of the top trends in new media.
2. Networking. You will have the chance to connect with others in your field during scheduled breaks, parties and meet-ups.
3. Inspiration. By collecting ideas and meeting individuals from your area(s) of specialisation, you will be inspired to take action and follow the steps to success.
Who Is Going To Be There?
Rub shoulders with like-minded individuals and experts.
During the New Media Europe Conference in September 2015, you are going to meet other podcasters, bloggers, social media visionaries, content creators, entrepreneurs and new media enthusiasts!
This is the most outstanding new media conference to hit Europe in 2015.
Why Should You Attend?
We have seen how new media can help entrepreneurs and businesses to thrive. This event is your chance to connect with the latest trends, practical tools and most of all, successful individuals from around the globe.
By attending New Media Europe, you will find out why paying attention to new media is the single most important thing you can do this year!
How to Apply for Tickets
Follow this Link to find out all about how you can get your Tickets to New Media Europe 2015 – Don’t forget to use Coupon Code “Podcast” to get 20% of the price of your ticket! (Affiliate Link)
Other Places Mentioned in this Podcast
Discover New Media Creative and all their amazing Audio Talents at http://www.musicradiocreative.com
Subscribe to the New Media Europe Show Podcast on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/new-media-europe-show/id998535275
From Passion to Profits with Online Courses – Liberate Your Inner Expert, Teach the World and Get Paid for It!
Join the Online Learning Club – my Facebook Group for Online Learners
Full Disclosure: these are affiliate links. If you click on this link, you will not pay any more (you still get the full discount) but I will earn a Commission. If you do buy a course, please email me at john[at]jbdcolley[dot]com and tell me about it. I would love to thank you personnally for supporting The Online Learning Podcast! Don’t forget you can still access the Course and the discount without going through the Affiliate Scheme by simply searching for the Course on Udemy and using the Coupon Code at Checkout in the normal way. If you do this, Udemy will receive their normal commission and the Course Creator will get the whole of the balance. It is entirely up to you.